Barcelona–El Prat Airport Transfers
Barcelona–El Prat Josep Tarradellas Airport is an international airport found just 12 km from the city centre. It’s Spain’s second-largest airport and the seventh busiest in Europe.
The Barcelona airport was named for the former president, Josep Tarradellas, in February of 2019. This airport was opened in 1918 and was used as a base for the Spanish Navy’s Zeppelin Fleet. Commercial service began in 1927 with Iberia Airline flight to Madrid. In 1948 the first international flight left the Barcelona airport to New York City, and in 1963, the airport saw one million passengers. It wasn’t until the 1992 Summer Olympics that this airport saw significant expansion and modernization.
Passengers in The Previous Year
In 2018, Barcelona airport saw 50.2 million passengers, which is consistently increasing year-over-year.
Number of Runways
The airport has three runways, two of which are parallel and one which is a cross runway.
What City Does the Airport Primarily Serve?
Barcelona El–Prat Airport, as the name suggests, primarily serves the city of Barcelona in Catalonia, in the North-East of Spain.
Frequent Journeys from Barcelona El–Prat Airport
Some of the most frequent journeys from Barcelona El–Prat Airport can be found below:
- Barcelona Airport to City Centre
- Barcelona Airport to Sitges
- Barcelona Airport to Salou
Can I add a stop to the journey?
It is possible to add a stop onto the journey (additional fees may apply).
Most Popular Things to do in Barcelona
This pedestrian-only street is full of culture, food, and interesting characters. You can’t visit Barcelona without wandering down Las Ramblas, peeking at the street performers, and stopping off for some shopping. It is lined with lush trees for shade and runs from Plaça de Catalunya to the waterfront.
This creation is another work of Antoni Gaudi. The tiles on the roof represent the scales of a dragon, one of its most distinguishing features. This building was designed with very few straight lines, a mushroom-shaped fireplace, and lots of colour.
This massive church was built by Antoni Gaudi, the famous artist and architect whose work can be found all over Barcelona. You may notice that it’s under construction as the massive project started more than 140 years ago. It shows off Art Nouveau, Spanish Late-Gothic, and Catalan Modernism that is absolutely awe-inspiring. Once it’s finished, this will be the tallest church-like building in the world.
This Gaudi building was completed in 1912. It is considered a World UNESCO Heritage Site and is one of few Catalan modernists works on that list. Gaudi designed this contemporary building to be the home of industrialist, Pere Milà i Camps.
Visit this Gaudi creation located on Carmel Hill. It’s a complex of art and architecture that also functions as a public space and park. You’ll find fountains, sculptures, and mosaics all over the property. Guests can even visit Gaudi’s house-museum where he lived from 1906 to 1926.
Spend some time walking along the beachfront boardwalk in Barcelona. Visit beaches like Sant Sebastià, which is a tourist favourite and quite busy, or the coastline after the Olympic Port which is a favourite for locals. You will find plenty of beach bars and places to grab a bite to eat too.
What Type of Vehicle is Best for Me?
As we have partnerships with a number of local taxi services within Spain, we are able to arrange transport for everyone. Some of the options we have available are:
- Sedan – 3 persons + 3 bags
- Minivan – 6 persons + 6 bags
- Minibus – 8 persons + 8 bags
- Stretched Limousine – 8 persons + 8 bags (only available in select locations)
- Business – 2 person + 2 bags (only available in select locations)
We currently don’t offer business travel options from this airport.
How To Book With Taxi2Airport
Here at Taxi2Airport, we want to take the stress away from booking your airport transfer, so we put together a short guide on how you book with us:
* Pick-Up Time: Please factor in travel time when requesting your pick-up time, especially if you need to be at the airport at least 2 hours before your flight takes off.
Congratulations, you’ve just booked your airport transfer with Taxi2Airport! We hope you have a nice trip and look forward to seeing you again.
- Fill in your details with the form at the top of the page ensuring that all details are correct.*
- Click ‘Search for fares’.
- Select any additional options by clicking ‘Additional options’ next to your choice of vehicle.
- Next to your choice of vehicle, click ‘BOOK NOW’.
- Enter your contact information into the form or sign in if you already have an account with us.
- Select your payment method and then click ‘COMPLETE PAYMENT’.
- Enter your payment details and click ‘CONTINUE’.
- Please review your order and submit when you’re ready.
Not the right airport for you? Here are a few airports that are close to Barcelona–El Prat Airport: